Thursday, February 26, 2009

Getting Ready to start week 2

Yep, I finally finished week 1. It was some really good stuff.

Come on Jen. Keep reading with me.

Week one covered the background and understanding the Sermon on the Mount. Here are few of my "highlights" (literally...yellow highlights to be specific) :)

*Righteousness is an absolute necessity for those who are going to enter the kingdom of heaven. "For I say to you, that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, you shall not enter the kingdom of heaven." Matt 5:20

* "We live in a time when many who claim to know Christ undermine the Gospel by short-circuiting the radical implications of a life of discipleship as set forth by Jesus the Christ. " (a statement by Robert Guelich used by Kay Arthur)

*True Christianity is Discipleship

*The Sermon on the Mount is a teaching given by Jesus Himself on the new relationship with Him that is ours through the New Covenant.

*More to come: learning about the Character, Conflict and Conduct that comes with a relationship with Him.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I know!! I've been playing around with a another look for our dear sister blog!! I thought maybe a fresh new look will motivate to get started!!